Saturday, April 26, 2008

Olivia turns 2!

Hi, my name is Olivia and I am going to tell you about my birthday party. Today I turned 2 and Mommy made me a pretty cake. It was funfetti cake and very yummy since most of the cakes here are very dry. Below is a picture of me and my friend Emelia. She has a twin brother, Tyler, who couldn't come because he is sick. I think I might have shared my sickness with him last week in the nursery at church. (Sorry Tyler!) I am sure Emelia will share her candy from the piñata, right Emelia?

Speaking of piñata, we had one at my party, a tradition here in Costa Rica! Daddy was a little leary to let me swing full force, I mean, I am pretty strong! He helped me pick up some candy for my bag since all the other kids were much faster than I was.

Some of my favorite gifts were a piglet doll from Mommy and Daddy, a Barney CD player that plays songs in Spanish, and a stuffed kitty cat from Grandma Rose that travelled all the way from Michigan. Since we have two stray cats that come in our yard all the time (and in our house yesterday!) I really like my kitty. I've already named it Meow!



"Thank you Grandma Rose!"

Here I am blowing out my candle with a little help from Daddy. Although the cake was really yummy, by the time we got to it, it was at the end of the party and I was a little tired from all the excitement. Thanks everyone for making my birthday so special!

"Do I have to eat this whole piece?"

2 comments:

Maya and Evan said...

Happy Birthday Oliva,

It is finally getting warm up here. I have been playing outside alot. I only have 4 more weeks until I become a big sister. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Maya

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! I had my birthday last month too, but I turned FIVE! I am getting to be so big. I heard you were a daredevil. Well, my mommy says she knows your parents and if you want to hear some really good stories about THEM, to call her and she'll share.
Happy Birthday! GREAT-looking cake Monika!
Blessings,
Lydia Zimmer
(daughter of Kellie & Jay in FL)